Thursday, May 08, 2003

Sixties Nine letter

Here's the letter I sent to Streets a few weeks ago, following the suggestions on this site. I had the final ice cream the other week (Guava Lamp) which was OK, but if you're going to have a fruity ice cream, stick with a Solero I say. Thanks for the suggestions. No reply yet. I'm sure they're just running a feasibility study on them or something.

Dear Sir

I am a big fan of ice cream, and have enjoyed your Magnums for years. The Sixties Nine range this year has been especially good (even if the ads have been a bit racy!) I didn’t like the Candy Warhol one at all though – why “musk” flavoured ice cream? Isn’t “musk” something animals secrete?

My favourite is the ChocWork Orange, or the John Lemon.

I have thought of some more puns for ice creams you can add to your range. Here they are, along with some suggestions of what the ice creams would taste like.

Barley Harvey Oswald – perhaps the chocolate coating could have little bits of barley in, or the ice cream could taste of orange barley. Or lemon barley.

Cuban Missile Cassis - this one could be really nice!

Viet-Naan – This could taste of naan bread that you can get in Indian restaurants. I know this sounds bad, but the Candy Warhol one wasn’t nice either.

From Russia With Fudge – after the James Bond film “From Russia With Love”

Beam Me Up, Butterscotchy – this is like Mr Kirk says in Star Trek!

Apple-O 11 – Apollo 11 was the spaceship that landed on the moon. I don’t think you’ve done an apple Magnum yet.

Blackcherry Panthers – like the US militant group The Black Panthers. This could have black cherry ice-cream. If you didn’t want black cherry flavoured chocolate too you could have liquorice chocolate. Or blackcurrant flavoured chocolate as I don’t like liquorice and I don’t think many other people would.

Ice Cream of Jeanie – Like I Dream Of Jeanie. Plain vanilla for this one.

Elderflower Power – like Flower Power. This would have a white chocolate coating and would taste of elderflower. It might be shaped like a flower too!

A-Choc-alypse Now – instead of “Apocalypse Now”

I had a lot of fun coming up with these. If you decide to use any of these I don’t want any money, though some form of acknowledgement on the wrapper would be nice.

Yours faithfully

Stephen Taylor