Monday, December 15, 2003

Cinema treat

This afternoon, as I've said we would, we saw The Two Towers (Extended Version) at The Embassy (where the premiere was held). The cinema was lovely - an old one that's been restored - and we had luxury seats, leather ones with big arm rests. We splashed out on this as a birthday treat for me (29 tomorrow!) It was loads more expensive than the cinema usually is here, and costs us thirteen quid (I checked my credit card balance online)!

The film was really good. Really really long though. Glad I saw it at the cinema. If I'd watched it on DVD I'd have spread it over two nights. More so than the first film, the extended version added quite a bit of interest. I like this one more than the first film. There's less exposition (though still lots) and the Helms Deep battle is just great!

Five stars.

Looking forward to the last film now. We may wait until we're in Auckland at New Year to see it on the "Megascreen" there. That's the size of a million screens presumably.