Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Fun at The "Albany 3"

We went to the "Albany 3" cinema last night and watched the remake of The Italian Job. A lot of people are very wary about this remake, but I've only seen the original once, years ago and didn't have many preconceptions. I'd read some reviews, most of which were positive, so thought we'd give it a go.

The cast was good, though Charlize Theron is too pretty to be believable as an actress (I'd only ever find her believable if she played an actress or a model) and the usually great Ed Norton didn't have a lot to do in the film so he just over-acted. Seth Green played his usualy character (still fairly amusing).

The film's quite entertaining, and the heists are jolly. Reviews had said it was a classy heist movie, and I think this added to my disappointment, as when I heard that I thought: Ocean's Eleven and it was nearly as classy and fun as that.

The worst bit was when Mark Whalburg (sp?), in a Audrey-Hepburn-as-Eliza-Doolittle-"cockney"-accent said (at a completely inapproprate moment) "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off , awwwwwwww". Of coure, that didn't happen.

Three stars.