Thursday, April 10, 2003

Who needs horoscopes?

Stephen here. It was raining this morning when I went to work (which was nice as it meant I wasn't pining for another day in the sun). As I stood in line at reception at ABC's offices at about 9.30am on my first day of work there, I was reading the back page of The Sydney Morning Herald. There was a short article about how this flash new ABC building in Ultimo, on which much public cash was spent, has a leaky roof. It said there were buckets in the foyer to catch the drips. How odd, I thought, to be reading about the very building I'm standing in. I looked around but couldn't see any buckets, and figured their information was a little out of date.

Then I felt a drop of water on my back. Then another. And then some more. The roof had decided to leak on me as I read the article. I told the man at reception that the roof was leaking, and he looked at me suspiciously. I felt like holding the paper up and shouting "It is leaking! Look: The Sydney Morning Herald says so too!"