Wednesday, April 02, 2003

The Truth Is Back In Here

Stephen here. First, if you've not read yesterday's post about the celebrity party - read that before you read this.

Done that?

Good.

Right. I hope everyone took yesterday's prank in good humour. Some people were taken in who I thought would see right through it. I used to think that April Fools jokes were only played by sad, sadistic individuals with too much time on their hands. Now, of course, I know better. Here's some of the feedback I got.

1) "Do you know what? I've just recounted the entire story to my boss who sits opposite me. At the end of it I said that I couldn't really believe it had happened because it's so far fetched, and as the words were leaving my mouth the horrible, horrible truth suddenly burst into my trusting, innocent, stray-kitten brain.

There SHALL be revenge for this. Maybe not for years and years... but one day... Oh yes!"


2) "I believed you right up to the part where you play chess with Ray Meagher - that was just too much for me!!!!"

3) "Of course I was always going to be the one who fell for the april fool."

Anyone who knows Simon Brown can probably guess who that last one's from.

Anyway, rest assured it will be all truth an no lies from now on in this diary. I did enjoy causing mischief from the other side of the planet. Anne has asked me to point out that she's not a violent person.

For those who asked, here's how to work out the answer to the title of yesterday's pack of lies.
Pilfer a loo – disturbed and lacking energy today (5,4)

Pilfer a loo – disturbed means it's an anagram of PILFER A LOO
and lacking energy means miss out the letter e from the anagram

Patronising explanation over.