Tuesday, January 20, 2004

LA is my Lady

Arriving in LA was very exciting. Everyone we know who's been there has been disappointed, so I think we were well prepared for it. A quick check of The Lonely Planet in a library in NZ had convinced us that Santa Monica would be a good place to stay (avoiding grotty Downtown and Hollywood) and this decision paid off.

On the bus ride from the airport I was very excited. Anne, less so.

Me: Do you feel like Jack Bauer?
Anne: No.
Me: Do you feel like the men in CHiPs?
Anne: (Sigh) No.
Me: Do you feel like Vampire Detective Angel?
Anne: NO.

I don't think Anne's entering into the spirit.

As the bus increased its speed I became concerned that a cleverly wired bomb may blow up the bus if its speed dropped below 50mph. Fortunately this turned out not to be the case.

I think I'm going to enjoy LA. If our friend Tony was here, I think we could have broken Anne's mind by now.