Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Steve-o's jobbie

Stephen here - hello. As you can see from the heading, I'm getting the hang of the Aussie lingo (language). You'll also have gathered that I have a job!

After two weeks bumming around Sydney, and a whole month since I left The Economist, I've just finished my first day of work at GE Capital - a large American company (very large). People at The Economist will draw breath when they hear I'm helping out with balance sheet recs. Everyone else reading this will just glaze over, having no clue about (or interest in) what a balance sheet rec is.

So Anne and I are going out for a Thai tonight - our first proper meal out in Oz. We've been taking this budgeting thing quite seriously, and have denied ourselves even coffees out until one of us was employed. This was so that I could still afford to fill up on Magnum ice creams.

I'm very tired. I don't think I'm cut out for work.