Thursday, March 27, 2003

Same ol', same ol'

Quick one from Stephen. Last night was quiz night number 5 at The Brighton Bar. We got Shae and Andrew to come along, and they brought a friend, Jim.

Jim used to live in London and worked for, wait for it, The Economist. What is it about working at The Economist that makes people want to escape to somewhere antipodal? It really wasn't that bad!

Jim is also very good at pub quizzes, and we won by an embarrassingly large margin.

I did make one silly, silly mistake where I asserted that the song "Nobody Does It Better" came from On Her Majesty's Secret Service. I can hear you all laughing at me. When I realised I was wrong I wanted the world to swallow me up. At least between us we managed to name 5 Robin Williams movies from the second half of the nineties, and also assign years to almost all of the best movie Oscar winners from 91 to 2000 (we got Forrest Gump ans Shindler's List mixed up - grrr).

Perhaps I need to watch more films.