Tuesday, February 18, 2003

A quickie from Sydney!!

Yay - we're here. It's warm and grey at the moment, and I'm in a suit. The first time in a while I've worn one.

Before I start, I should say that I watched the rest of The Beach on Sunday, and liked it. Four stars.

Then we saw Sweet Home Alabama on the plane. Pap, but suitable for plane journeys - two stars. She should have stayed with the guy from NYC IMO. Ho hum.

So, arrived in Sydney airport, and were met by Shae, a friend from The Economist. She and her fiance, Andrew (also ex-Economist) have been working out here and running a drop-in centre for Economist staff on their travels. I suspect that the group may soon be running a Sydney branch from Andrew and Shae's spare room.

So the generousity of friends has once again shined upon us, and they have let us use their spare room if we don't annoy them too much. We're looking for a flat (or a room) in Sydney, and for jobs. I went for an interview at Michael Page (recruitment consultant) this morning (hence the suit).